Cleaning out financial corruption in Australia begins with breaking the banking monopoly of the Big Four banks by creating an Australia Post ‘people’s bank’. Such a public bank would break the stranglehold the Big Four banks have over Australia, which they use to keep regulators like ASIC weak and ineffective.
Presented here is the case of Sterling First, a scam which targeted elderly victims by promising them that they would have their rent paid for the rest of their lives in exchange for a fixed amount. They were told their money was being put into a trust that would pay the rent. In fact, they were duped into putting their life savings into a convoluted managed investment scheme. When Sterling collapsed in 2019, 140 elderly victims lost everything, and many now face eviction from their homes.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1) LIKE and SHARE this video with everyone.
2) CALL your SENATORS TODAY demanding a Senate Inquiry into ASIC and Sterling First - https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members
*** For those in Perth, Western Australia ***
3) ATTEND the "Justice for Sterling First Victims" rally organised by Denise Brailey (BFCSA Banking & Finance Consumers Support Association) and the Victims of Sterling First
WHERE: Front entrance of WA PARLIAMENT HOUSE, 4 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005
** If you can attend, please email your name and the number of persons you will bring along to Denise Brailey via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(Only need your name not all attending).
4) SIGN the Citizens Party Petition to create an Australia Post Bank!: https://info.citizensparty.org.au/auspost-bank-petition
5) DOWNLOAD the Commonwealth Postal Savings Bank Resolution and MOBILISE local councils and other institutions!: https://citizensparty.org.au/sites/default/files/2021-06/Unite-Australia-in-support-of-the-Commonwealth-Postal-Savings-Bank.pdf
Video Download (This link will direct you to our VIMEO channel, where you can click "Download" in the video description. Select the best video file for your needs).